“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” Ephesians 3:20
God wants us to dream big for He is able to accomplish immeasureably or infinitely! Discover what your dream is, then do whatever it takes to have what you want!
If you have given up on your dream, it’s time to dream again because “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.” Proverbs 13:12 (NLT).
3 Ways To Dream Big For A Victorious Life
Know The Extraordinary Love Of God
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
To dream big dreams, we must believe God has our best interest at heart and wants us to have an amazing life and happiness.
Do The Dream Test
“I believe God wants us to dream, and to dream big, because He’s a big God who wants to do big things and He wants to do them through us.” John Maxwell
In his book “Put Your Dream To The Test” John Maxwell listed 10 questions for you to examine yourself honestly and answer the questions.
- The Ownership Question: Is my dream really my dream?
- “A dream is possible only if you own it.”“Ordinary people can live extraordinary lives when they follow their dreams… Successful people – those who see and seize their dream – love what they do and do what they love.”
- The Clarity Question: Do I clearly see my dream?
- “Begin by writing a detailed description of your dream. Let your imagination go wild.”
- The Reality Question: Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
- “You need to reach far beyond what you’re capable of, but at the same time base what you do on your strength and other factors within your control.”
- The Passion Question: Does my dream compel me to follow?
- “What is passion? It’s an enthusiasm that not only gives you energy and focus on the present, but also gives you power to keep moving toward the future.”
- The Pathway Question: Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
- “The real difference between a dream and wishful thinking is what you do day to day. To reach your dream, you must do something every day that relates to your dream.”
- The People Question: Have I included the people I need to realise my dream?
- “It’s not enough to have a dream, you must also have a dream team. My dream team includes people who inspire me… who are honest with me, whose skills complement mine.”
- The Cost Question: Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
- “Every journey toward a dream is personal, and as a result, so is the price that must be paid for it.”
- The Tenacity Question: Am I moving closer to my dream?
- “People who live their dreams refuse to give up, knowing that if they keep chipping away, making whatever small progress they can everyday, they increase the chance that something will happen in their favor.”
- The Fulfillment Question: Does working towards my dream bring satisfaction
- “Achieving a dream is about more than just what you accomplish. It’s about who you become in the process!”
- The Significance Question: Does my dream benefit others?
Read the details here.
Know Every Dream Will Have Opposition – Even If It Is From God
Joseph had a dream and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. (Genesis 37:5). Don’t let disapproval or jealousy from friends and loved ones hinder you from pursuing and achieving your dream.
“Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4)